by inklight | 21 September 2014
Final 30 Second TV Ad (audio adjusted)
• Final delivery could also include a one minute "director's cut" for viral extended application.
Final 30 Second TV Ad Strategy:
Use Modo for as many different things as possible. (To demonstrate this, please see the list of what was integrated into the 3 submissions)
I wanted to add the challenge of creating the whole thing from the 30 sec spot, the print ad to an actual physical product in a "timely fashion". Since TIME is the focus I wanted to see how much time it would take to create a compelling offering economically in a real world "in house" environment. As of the date of this entry, everything was completed with more then a week to spare before the competition deadline. This is what makes Modo great for any visualizing application. I was able to learn and apply way more then I ever did with my previous Modo knowledge and gained the confidence that Modo was the best choice for this specific application and it excites me to move forward.
• 1st Animation:
- I used the existing foundry branding to extend the value to the TIME logo, backwards clock animation and to the TIME machine itself.
- Used Print Ad model to create animation.
- Used existing stock video footage for texturing the sky to create an environment, lighting support and time reversal.
- Utilized stock footage as an animated displacement maps for the time/space distortion fx under the TIME machine.
- Created animated ripple displacement map for TIME machine.
- I used shared content desert floor from the Modo community asset portal.
- Used support volumetric (point) lighting glow around the TIME ship.
- Lens distortion for dramatic take-off tension and dimensional warping.
• 2nd Animation:
- Used Print Ad model to create animation of "luxury car" glam shots.
• 3rd Animation
- Used support volumetric lighting glow for final wipe to The Foundry logo.
- Used existing footage I had for the 2 circular screens added to the chair.
• Minimal fx added in After Effects:
- Type treatment motion design from illustrator Print Ad design.
- Ramping random jitter to take-off animation.
- Subtle displacement to air around TIME machine for heat / plasma effect.
• Original music score was created in Logic and sound fx from my stock foley library.